Friday, September 28, 2012

Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer


Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer is a teeny tiny pot of foundation-concealer hybrid.
How tiny you ask? you can see the size comparison between the pot and a typical mac eye shadow below.
The diameter is slightly smaller than the MAC eyeshadow, and the height is slightly less than double of the eye shadow pot. The actual weight of the product is 18g.


Now that the size issue is out of the way, what is this product like?
The first thing that strikes me is how creamy it is. It's very creamy and blend-able. I can see how you can use this as foundation, or mix it up with moisturizer or sun screen, since it is very blend-able.

Another picture to show you how the product look inside the pot.

The color I got is SX05. Supposedly this is the match for NC20-ish skin.
So how does the color compares to other concealer? I did a quick comparison swatch between the few concealers I have.

The second picture shows the items I'm swatching.
1. MAC - Studio Finish Concealer in NC20
2. Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX05
3. Borjois - Healty Mix Concealer in 51
4. Kevin Beautymaker - BB Mineral Concealing Cream (I think it's their lightest shade, but the tube doesn't have any code written on it)

So how do they compare?
The Kevyn Aucoin one is the creamiest and the easiest to spread and blend.
Color wise it's lighter and yellower than the other 3. I'm actually worried that this will be too light for my skin tone, but thankfully it's not. It also didn't oxidize on my skin, which is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment